Thursday, August 16, 2012

I'm Okay - Really

Yesterday, I was clearly not in a very positive frame of mind.

I'm feeling much better today.

I've spoken to the MS Clinic and they've put my mind at ease...

My bloodwork for determining whether or not I have Devic's (Neuromyelitis Optica) will take approximately three months to process. It will be processed in Japan and unless the results are alarming, I won't be reviewing them until my MS Clinic appointment on February 5th, 2013. Alarming would be a confirmation of Devic's, thus ruling out MS. I'm okay with waiting.

The MRI results from my visit on Sunday evening should be processed by the end of next week, again with no rush on follow-up. This MRI is providing a baseline as to what is happening in the rest of my central nervous system from the head down. Again, I'm okay with waiting.

Concerning the relapse symptoms... I'm on the fence. I feel uncomfortable telling the nurse that I think bugs are biting me. I'm also thinking that the exhaustion could be due to Andy's not having a good night's sleep in a while.

Anyhow, things are okay. I'm just going to be patient for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment