Tuesday, January 29, 2013

See You Soon, Left Hand

It's official - I'm in relapse. Darn it.

I spoke with the nurse at the MS Clinic and what with the dropping of items and the other issues going on with my left hand and arm, she confirmed that I'm in a relapse. Then she asked what I wanted to do...

Do? I have choices?

1. Nothing
2. IV steroids at a hospital (3 day treatment)
3. Oral steroids

Hmmm... I'll choose door number 3. Visualize fireworks bursting midair.

With any luck the steroids will help prevent some permanent nerve damage and derail the relapse before I lose complete control of my left hand. Today it feels chilly and more sluggish than yesterday. Out of curiosity I wonder how strong my grasp would register on the grip-o-meter at UBC? I'm such a nerd - I want to quantify what's going on. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment