Monday, July 9, 2012

Coming Down

I don't know what I'm supposed to feel like when I'm coming off the steroids. This evening I can barely manage the energy to put the dinner dishes on the counter, let alone wash them. Is this normal? I have no idea.

Naively, I thought I'd feel strong after the IV treatment; full of energy, ready to conquer the world. Instead, today I'm feeling overheated, irritable, tired, hungry and small. Small in that I just want to curl up in a corner. Not even with a good book, just curl up and rest. With so many books beckoning, a little flutter of guilt tugs at my heart. Especially with the Sechelt Festival of the Written Arts fast approaching.

Well, I'm going to follow my body's cues and crawl into bed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised you had the will to write. Sometimes the body sends up the white flag and the spirit must surrender. Hope you felt stronger in the morning.

    ReplyDelete